Beach Horseback Riding Excursion
Ride along the endless beaches of La Ventanilla and enjoy the warm ocean breeze stroking your face while marveling in the breathtaking scenery and witnessing some truly magical moments. Riders of all ages and abilities can participate in this unique 3-hour experience riding gentle and well trained horses from local stables.
We will gladly arrange your roundtrip transportation from Huatulco, Zipolite, Mazunte and Puerto Escondido. If you have a rental car, we will provide you with detailed directions on how to arrive at the tour starting point. Upon arrival at the La Ventanilla estuary, you will be greeted by your professional and friendly guide who take you on a short walk and a quick boat ride across the estuary river mouth. Keep your camera ready to snap pictures of various wildlife encounters that may include cranes, cormorants, or even crocodiles.
Your horses will be waiting for you on the other side of the river, where your guide will match you with the perfect mount based on your skill level. After an orientation of basic techniques you are on your way, riding on the seemingly endless, deserted beach. As you are trotting over the fine sand into the setting sun, you are sure to be amazed by this magical moment, surrounded by pure nature - the sound of crashing waves of the Pacific ocean to your left and chirping birds to your right, while your faithful horse keeps moving on, listening to your cues.
After about an hour, we will unmount, giving you and your horse a chance to drink water, stretch your legs and take a refreshing dip in the ocean. This is also a great opportunity to take photos of the beautiful scenery all around you.
On the way back, and with the sunset behind you, your guide will show you how to gallop on your horse, guaranteeing you a rush of excitement and an unforgettable day in La Ventanilla, Mazunte.
- Bi-lingual guide throughout the day
- Guided horseback riding tour on the beach
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Gratuity for guide
- Pick-up from your lodging
- between 7:00 and 7:30am (morning tour)
- between 1:00pm and 1:30pm (afternoon tour)
- Arrive at La Ventanilla beach by 9:00am
- Morning tour from 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Afternoon tour from 3:00pm to 6:00pm
- Arrive back at your lodging by 2:00pm (morning tour) or by 8:00pm (afternoon tour)
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Comfortable and safe footwear (sandals or water shoes)
- Sun glasses
- Cap or hat
- A reusable bottle to fill with water during the day
- Insect Repellent