We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
Temazcal & Cenote Experience (Private Groups)
Mexico has understood the benefits of a temazcal ceremony for centuries. Part-sweat lodge/part-sacred ritual, participants have reported feeling physically, emotionally and mentally healthier.
During the ceremony, herb infused water is poured over hot volcanic stones, generating steam that relaxes muscles and purifies the body from toxins and frees the mind from thought patters, thus creating total relaxation.
In addition to these physical benefits, the mind also frees itself from the thought patterns that occupy it allowing for total relaxation and purification. During the approximately two hours that the ceremony lasts, we pause to release excess heat, the elements and the different stages of life are represented, we pay respect to everything that makes life possible and we remind ourselves of what it truly is. essential, freeing us of any unnecessary weight in order to find our balance.
During our ceremony, you will enter a sweat lodge (an igloo-shaped hut). Once inside, hot volcanic rocks are placed in the center, and sage and copal infused water is poured over the rocks to produce steam.
While every ritual is different, this ceremony lasts around two hours which includes a shaman-led series of thanksgiving and chanting.
The ceremony begins outside the sweat lodge, next to where the stones are being heated. Standing around the fire we focus on our attention on our gratitude for the forest and earth.
Kneeling and kissing the ground as a symbol of appreciating our Mother Earth (the temazcal represents the belly button and the rebirth of the participants) we pay respect to everything that makes life possible and we remind ourselves of what truly is important in our lives, releasing unnecessary weight and thus rediscovering our natural balance.
After finishing our ceremony we visit a Cenote to complete our cleansing process as the Mayans used to do many centuries ago. When you are ready we strengthen our bodies with healthy, regional foods and seasonal fruit.
We finish this special day of exploration, discovery and healing with a spectacular sunset from atop a 42 meter temple situated within the Cobá archeological site (NOTE: DUE TO CURRENT COVID MEASURES, WE ARE NOT INCLUDING THIS PART OF THE TOUR ANYMORE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE). Since we get the chance to be here after tourist hours, we can experience this magical place all to ourselves, riding bikes among the majestic trees and feeling the strong Mayan energy of this sacred ground.
- Price - $225 per guest (for up to 2 guests; please inquire for discount with 3 or more guests)
- Private Groups only
- Minimum 2 guests for tour
- Pick up time - 10:00am - 11:00am
- Duration - 9 hours
- 12:00 - Arrive at the location of the temazcal and receive introduction of activity
- 12:30am - 14:30am Temazcal ceremony
- 15:00pm Lunch
- 15:45pm - 17:00pm Swim in Cenote
- 17:00pm - 18:30pm Optional visit to the Cóba archeological zone
- 18:00pm - 19:30pm Return to your hotel
- Air-conditioned transportation (Hotel Pick up in Tulum Area. Outside of Tulum, there will be an Extra Fee depending on location)
- Purified water, fruit and snack
- Temazcal ceremony
- Swim in Cenote
- Professional English speaking guide
- Visit to the archaeological site of Cobá (optional)
- Lunch and non-alcoholic drinks
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
WHAT TO BRING
- Swim Attire
- Extra towel or pare that can be used to sit on inside the Temazcal and can get dirty
- Comfortable shoes
- Hydrate well and eat lightly before the ceremony
With the purchase of this tour you are contributing directly to the preservation of the Embera Community and its traditions. Tour subject to availability.
TOUR CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us at +1 (213)-212-3708 or by WhatsApp at +507-6109-3118.
Due to the nature of our business, we do not offer full refunds. A partial refund of 50 percent will be granted if Tao Travel 365 receives notice at least 48 hours in advance of the tour start time. All sales are final. If you are unable to attend the tour, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different tour for you. If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your tour start time, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to come on the tour and to have fun. That is our goal!
CANCELED OR POSTPONED TOURS
Occasionally, tours are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that tour. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed tour, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your tour by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your tour or schedule you for another tour, as detailed below.
All sales are final. No refunds are available unless a tour is canceled or postponed, or we are given 48 hours advance noticed whereby a 50 percent refund will be awarded. We will offer refunds of the full face value of the tour(s) that are canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted tour, then instead the discounted tour price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees. To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed tour, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of the tour cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
No tour exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by phone at +1 (213) 212-3708, by WhatsApp at +507-6109-3118 or by email at email@example.com to inquire about tour exchanges. Fees may apply.
COVID 19 CANCELATION POLICY
If you have a booking with us that isn’t covered in the policy above but has been impacted by COVID-19, you may still be eligible to change or cancel your booking if:
- You are impacted by the travel and/or disease control restrictions implemented by your local authorities or the authorities in your destination of travel.
- You are a medical professional and must perform duties in connection with the COVID-19 outbreak.
- You have been diagnosed or are suspected of being infected with COVID-19 by health authorities.In any of these cases, you may cancel your booking with a 100% refund, less service, payment processing or convenience fees. Please note that we require official proof of how Covid 19 has impacted your travel plans.