We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
Zapatilla Island Hopping Day Tour
This is one of our most thought after island hopping tours giving our guests the chance to see the beautiful beaches and reefs of Bocas del Toro in one day.
The first highlight of our tour will be the resident dolphins greeting you to a new day in paradise as our lancha boat as we glide effortlessly past them towards our first destination. As we arrive at a small mangrove forest, you will be able to see sloths lounging on tree branches, enjoying their life to the fullest.
We continue on to Cayo Coral, famous for its coral gardens and perfect snorkel area. It's time to put on your snorkel mask and plunge into the balmy ocean to marvel at the colorful world below the surface. As you float weightlessly surrounded in the turquoise ocean, witness hundreds of reef fish go about their daily business in their coral and anemone homes.
Our next destination are the famous Zapatilla cays, named after their shoe-like shape. This is group of two uninhabited islands, surrounded by a coral reef, located east of Bastimentos Island. North Zapatilla Cay is only 14 hectares, while to the south, the other Zapatilla Cay is much larger, with 34 hectares.
The Zapatilla cays are famous for its spectacular coral reefs, and its crystalline waters, teeming with marine life. The islands are covered with mangrove and surrounded by fine white sand, palm and coconut trees. From March to September, on the west side of the island you can observe the migration of turtles that come to lay their eggs on these beaches. The local legend is that the islands were formed when God stepped on earth, and that is why the islands have the shape of his shoes.
At lunch time we are heading back to Cayos Coral, where a tasty and freshly prepared meal will be waiting for you in the Sea restaurant.
We finish our tour with a visit to the "Hollywood" natural pool, having earned its name from the multitude of starfish in the area. (Please remember these fragile animals should not be touched as this would harm them tremendously).
- Price - $49 per person
- Small Group tour
- Duration - 7 hours
- Available everyday
- Start time - 9:30am
- Boat tour to Bahia Honda
- Boat tour to Cayo Coral
- Boat tour to Zapatilla Island
- Return by 4:30pm
- Local guide
- Snorkeling equipment (mask and snorkel)
- Cool box and unlimited water
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel (only from Isla Colon city center or Carenero island)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Meal (restaurant option with typical courses between $12 and $18)
- Transfer option from your hotel
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Comfortable and safe footwear (sandals or water shoes)
- Sun glasses
- Cap or hat
- A reusable bottle to fill with water during the day
- Cash for tips and souvenirs
- ATTENTION LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS: Bookings made after 6:00pm for the following day are NOT guaranteed until we respond and explicitly confirm your tour itinerary. If your booking is not confirmed by one of our booking specialists, your tour will be scheduled for the subsequent day.
TOUR CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us by phone at +1 (805) 826-3657 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following cancellation policy applies only for Day Tours (DOES NOT apply for Multi-Day Tours).
Due to the nature of our business, the logistics involved with organizing tours and the high reservation demand following refund policies apply:
- 100% refund less credit card processing fees will only be granted if booked via our website www.taotravel365.tours AND if canceled more than 7 days before the start of the tour.
- 50% refund less credit card processing fees will be granted for cancellations received less than 7 days AND more than 48 hours before the tour start date.
- No refund will be granted for cancelations received less than 48 hours before the tour start date.
All sales are ﬁnal.
For all bookings made via outside portals such as, but not limited to Viator, Expedia, Airbnb, please refer and adhere to the respective cancellation policy of the portal that you booked with.
If you are unable to realize the reservation, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different tour for you.
If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your scheduled reservation or pick up, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to participate in our tour and have fun. That is our goal!
CANCELED OR POSTPONED TOURS
Occasionally, tours are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that tour. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed tour, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your tour by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your tour or schedule you for another tour, as detailed below.
All sales are final. No refunds are available unless a tour is canceled or postponed, or we are given 48 hours advance noticed whereby a 50 percent refund will be awarded. We will offer refunds of the full face value of the tour(s) that are canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted tour, then instead the discounted tour price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees. To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed tour, contact us at email@example.com within 3 days of the tour cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
No tour exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by phone at +1 (805) 826-3657 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about tour exchanges. Fees may apply.