Check-in location and check-out location
We are sorry, this sailboat charters is not available to book at the moment
- Daily Housekeeping
Dufour Gib’sea 43
Private or Shared
In our opinion, this boat is the best all-round charter option in San Blas. We have a long standing relationship with this boat and its crew and 100% of our guests returned from their San Blas vacation with smiles on their faces. The catamaran is comfy and well maintained and the Captain and crew are exceptionally driven to please their guests. Choose to spend your days filled with action such as snorkeling, exploring islands and meeting the resident Kuna population, kayaking, stand-up-paddling or fishing. Or choose to let yourself be pampered with delicious meals, snacks, cocktails and fresh fruit, while lazily dreaming away in a hammock. The possibilities are endless and we are certain you will also return from San Blas with a shiny smile.
ABOUT THE CAPTAIN & CREW
Your host is Jules, a young Colombian Captain, who has been cruising and chartering in San Blas for the past nine years. His passion for the islands of San Blas carries over to their guests who get to explore some of the best islands and beaches that San Blas has to offer. Jules is very experienced having grown up sailing. He will gladly pass on his tales of the sea and his sailing knowledge to whomever wishes to learn.
The Colombian crew ensures that your culinary senses are thoroughly pleased.
ABOUT THE BOAT
If you are seeking a super family boat for Island cruising then look no further! The Dufour Gib'sea 43 stands tall compared to the other production boats in her class. If you want a spacious sailboat with lots of crew accommodations, but can't afford a catamaran, this might be the boat for you!
- Sailing in the San Blas Islands
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks)
- Drinks (both alcoholic & non-alcoholic)
- Water toys (SUP, kayak, snorkel equipment, fishing gear)
- Towels, sheets, toiletries,
- Captain & Crew
- Dinghy transportation
- Island taxes
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Transportation Fees to and from the Boat
- Entrance Fees and Taxes to the Kuna Yala territory
- Personal expenses and tips
- Optional Liability Insurance
- A selection of meals and drinks outside of the ones included on board
WHAT TO BRING
- Passport or Cedula for Kuna Yala border crossing
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Sun glasses
- Cap or hat
- Cash for tips and souvenirs
Please read our Sailboat Charter Cancelation Policy before booking.
SAILBOAT CHARTER CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us at +1 (213)-212-3708 or by WhatsApp at +507-6109-3118.
SAILBOAT CHARTER POLICIES
Due to the nature of our business, we do not offer full refunds. A partial refund of 50 percent will be granted if Tao Travel 365 receives notice at least 14 DAYS in advance of the sailboat charter start time. All sales are final. If you are unable to attend the charter, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different charter for you. If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your tour start time, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to come on the tour and to have fun. That is our goal!
CANCELED OR POSTPONED SAILBOAT CHARTERS
Occasionally, charters are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that charter. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed charter, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your charter by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your charter or schedule you for another tour, as detailed below.
All sales are final. No refunds are available unless a charter is canceled or postponed, or we are given 14 DAYS advance noticed whereby a 50 percent refund will be awarded. We will offer refunds of the full face value of the charter that is canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted charter, then instead the discounted charter price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees. To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed charter, contact us at email@example.com within 3 days of the charter cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
SAILBOAT CHARTER EXCHANGES
No charter exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by phone at +1 (213) 212-3708, by WhatsApp at +507-6109-3118 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about charter exchanges. Fees may apply.
Sailboat Charter Disclaimer - Please read before booking
A vacation on a sailboat charter can be the experience of a lifetime and give you unforgettable memories. In order to properly prepare you for your trip and align expectations, please take some time to read each point below. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of them, we will gladly answer any of them.
- All Sailboat Charters in San Blas are hosted on privately owned sailboats. Please be aware that the Captain and crew will be welcoming you into their home and that they will share their island lifestyle with you.
- A sailboat charter is not a hotel resort experience that has waiters and staff. Please be respectful towards the Captain and his Crew.
- Always follow Captain’s orders! For your safety and the safety of the boat, please adhere to the instructions of the Captain and Crew.
- Fresh Water - Sailboats carry only a limited amount of fresh water with them. Please be aware of your water consumption when taking showers.
- Bathrooms - Sailboat bathrooms have marine toilets that function differently than the toilets you are used to from home. Please follow the instructions given by the Captain on how to use them and DO NOT flush any paper into the toilet.
- Wifi and Cell-phone coverage - The islands of San Blas are located in a remote area. While some islands may receive cell phone signal, others may not have any. Cell phone signal even in the “good coverage” areas can often be unreliable. If you need to stay connected, please inform us and your Captain in order for us to plan the itinerary accordingly. We recommend that you purchase pre-paid phone cards with Tigo and Digicel, which will provide you with the necessary wifi and cell coverage.
- Dietary Restrictions - Please inform us as soon as possible, if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies. Sailboat charters generally serve lots of fresh seafood.
- Luggage - Sailboats have limited space available and cabins are generally very small. Please pack lightly and avoid bringing rigid suitcases. You won’t need much in San Blas. If you travel with lots of luggage, most hotels in Panama City will gladly store it until you return from your trip.
- What to bring - bathing suits, bio degradable sunscreen, insect repellant, hat, sunglasses, extra cash for souvenirs.
- Sailboat itinerary - We suggest a minimum of 3 nights for each sailboat charter in order to explore different islands and areas. We recommend to book 4 nights, if you would like to visit the remote Holandes Cays. Itineraries ultimately depend on weather and ocean conditions and are determined by the Captain.
- Transportation to the sailboat - We will arrange your roundtrip transportation, which is in a shared 4x4 SUV (one guest up front, three guests in the middle row and two guests in the back row) and a shared Lancha boat.
- Car transportation - the ride to San Blas takes 2.5 to 3 hours, with 1.5 hours over slow, curvy roads with potholes. For those with motion sickness, please prepare accordingly
- Boat transportation - depending on weather and ocean conditions, the 30-45 minute boat ride might be bumpy and wet with ocean spray. Lanchas are very basic speedboats and operated by Kunas. Do not expect any luxury transportation.
We kindly ask our guests to visit San Blas with an open mind and to focus on the beautiful paradise that San Blas has remained despite the effects that modern society. The Kunas are very gentle and kind people, but can also be somewhat shy at times. When approaching them with a smile and an open heart you will be guaranteed an innocent, happy smile in return.
- Daily Housekeeping
- Daily Housekeeping