We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
Caribbean Coast Island Hopping on a Sailboat + Historic Portobelo Fort
Welcome to the Caribbean Coast of Panama, a must-see destination when visiting Panama. Life here is running at a noticeably different pace and you will notice a laid back beauty. The fact that this beauty is sometimes rustic and unadorned has added to the appeal and charm of the location.
Most travelers flock to San Blas and Bocas del Toro but will never see the lesser known Caribbean Coast of Colon, which hold just as much charm and beauty as its two sister locations to the north east and west. This area has a vast variety of flora and fauna, featuring islands with pristine white sand beaches and crystalline turquoise waters as well as mangrove forests with monkeys and hundreds of species of birds.
We have put together a complete and unique tour that you will not find with any other agency in Panama! You will spend your day on an exclusive, privately owned sailboat with captain and crew catering to you throughout the day.
The tour leaves early in the morning. On weekdays between 7:00am and 7:30am, one of our friendly drivers will pick you up from your Panama City lodging (on weekends pick up between 6:30 and 7:00am due to traffic). Enjoy the drive to the port on the Caribbean Coast as you pass little villages and stunning luck nature. Sometimes we see monkeys and sloths on the way and stop for a quick picture opportunity.
As you arrive to the port, your captain will welcome you and take you to the sailboat and give you a briefing on the tour. We will visit (itinerary depends on weather and ocean conditions):
- Isla Linton - Sometimes referred as monkey islands, we visit this uninhabited island and will most likely be greeted by spider monkeys on the beach. Even though these little creatures seem very friendly, we advise you keep your distance, remembering that these are wild animals and can be unpredictable.
- “Love Tunnel” - This amazing mangrove river system will surly give you spectacular photo opportunities, as you make your way through the lush vegetation of mangroves over light green waters. We stop at a Natural Pool, where you can stand waist deep in the river, relaxing and absorbing the surroundings with all your senses. Listen to the multitude of birds, hear the howls of monkeys and feel the calming sunshine stroking your skin.
- Despite its name, Isla Grande is a small island off of Panama’s Caribbean coast in the province of Colon. The beautiful and peaceful island is home to around 1,000 inhabitants, mostly of African descent. Adding to the relaxed vibe of the island is the fact that there are no roads, only foot paths. Come to enjoy a truly Caribbean atmosphere. Here you will also find remote beaches surrounded by palm trees, white sand, and turquoise waters.
Throughout the day you will spend time on the sailboat and get a chance to use kayaks and SUP paddle boards. We also provide snorkel equipment for our guests. At around 1pm we will serve you a delicious, freshly prepared lunch accompanied by drinks.
At the port your driver is waiting for you. Only 20 minutes away from the marina we will visit the historic Portobelo fort (we stop here either before or after the sailboat tour). Your driver will explain the history and significance of this little pirate town.
The tour ends by 4:00pm and we commence our journey back to Panama City. You should arrive back at your lodging by 7:00pm
- Adults - $179
- Children ages 5 to 10 - $149
- Children ages 4 and under - Free, if sitting on lap during car transportation, or $50 with seat
- Small Group tour
- Duration - 12 hours
- Available all week
- Start time - 7:00am - 7:30am (weekdays), 6:00am - 6:30am (weekends)
- Boat tour and visit Isla Linton
- Boat tour and visit “Love tunnel”
- Boat tour and visit Isla Grande
- Visit Portobelo fort
- Return to Panama City by 7:00pm
- Roundtrip Transportation from your lodging in Panama City to the Port. A/C well maintained car.
- Pick up time 7:00am
- Return time: 4:00pm arriving to your lodging by 7:00pm
- Welcome fruit
- Lunch with fish and water (catch of the day)
- Tour to Portobelo, Isla Grande, Isla Linton (Monkey Island and the mangrove ¨Love Tunnel¨), Isla Mamey ( flexible itinerary and depends on weather and ocean conditions).
- Snorkel equipment
- Kayak and/or SUP and floats
- Captain and Crew
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Roundtrip Transportation from your lodging in Playa Bonita to the Port - $10 extra
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Sun glasses
- Cap or hat
- A reusable bottle to fill with water during the day
- Cash for tips and souvenirs
- There are no ATMs in the area, vendors do not accept card payments either. Cash Only!
- It is customary to tip guides and field equipment as a thank you for excellent service
Please read our Tour Cancelation Policy before booking.
TOUR CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us at +1 (805) 826-3657, by WhatsApp at +507-6172-8682.
Due to the nature of our business, we do not offer full refunds. A partial refund of 50 percent will be granted if Tao Travel 365 receives notice at least 48 hours in advance of the tour start time. All sales are final. If you are unable to attend the tour, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different tour for you. If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your tour start time, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to come on the tour and to have fun. That is our goal!
CANCELED OR POSTPONED TOURS
Occasionally, tours are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that tour. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed tour, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your tour by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your tour or schedule you for another tour, as detailed below.
All sales are final. No refunds are available unless a tour is canceled or postponed, or we are given 48 hours advance noticed whereby a 50 percent refund will be awarded. We will offer refunds of the full face value of the tour(s) that are canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted tour, then instead the discounted tour price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees. To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed tour, contact us at email@example.com within 3 days of the tour cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
No tour exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by phone at +1 (805) 826-3657, by WhatsApp at +507-6172-8682 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about tour exchanges. Fees may apply.