We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
Machu Picchu Day Trip from Cusco
Shrouded by mist and surrounded by lush vegetation and steep escarpments, the sprawling Inca citadel of Machu Picchu lives up to every expectation. In a spectacular location, it’s the most famous archaeological site on the continent, a must for all visitors to Peru. Like the Mona Lisa or the pyramids, it has been seared into our collective consciousness, though nothing can diminish the thrill of being here. This awe-inspiring ancient city was never revealed to the Spanish colonizers and was virtually forgotten until the early part of the 20th century.
In the most controversial move in Machu Picchu since Hiram Bingham's explorations, the Peruvian authorities changed entries from daily visits to morning and afternoon turns in 2018. Visitors must plan more carefully than ever to seize the experience. Though an expanded limit of 5940 people are now allowed in the complex (including the Inca Trail) daily, demand remains insatiable.
Visit Machu Picchu by train on a full-day trip from Cusco that takes the hassle out of exploring the spectacular Inca site. Pre-booking a tour ensures you have a ticket for the UNESCO World Heritage Site, where daily visitor numbers are capped, and you explore the sprawling site with a guide. When booking, choose from a variety of train options, from budget-friendly to more modern.
Start the day with early morning pickup from select hotels in Cusco and ride to the train station. Train options, which you can select when booking, include Expedition, Vistadome, and Executive Class. The basic Expedition train is upholstered with traditional indigenous fabrics, while The Executive Class features plush chairs with tables at each pair of seats.
Traveling in Vistadome, you have glass on all sides and above your head, great for taking in the full scale of the massive peaks. The newest option, the 360 Train, also has panoramic glass and updated, comfortable seats.
On arrival at Aguas Calientes, continue to the ruins on a small bus for a guided tour of Machu Picchu that explores ancient stairways, temples, and sweeping views. Finish the day with the beautiful return trip to Cusco.
- Price - $339 per person (On Voyager Train)
- Price - $399 per person (On new, panoramic 360 Train)
- Duration - 14 hours
- Available all week
- Views of the towering Andes Mountains from the train windows
- Guided tour to the ruins of Machu Picchu
- Great choice for families and first-time visitors
- Return to Cusco by 7:00pm
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Local English- or Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off. Note: Some hotels are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted. Send hotel details in order to arrange your pickup and drop-off in a nearby place if necessary.
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu
- Selected round trip train ticket
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Bottled Water
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Comfortable shoes
- Small Backpack
- Jacket or rain coat
- Passport or Cedula
- Cap or hat
- A reusable bottle to fill with water during the day
- Don't forget to bring your smiles :)
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT: All guest passport details are needed for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID)
- Please provide all the passengers names, passport number, date of birth and nationality, otherwise the tour is not confirmed
- This excursion departs from your hotel in Cusco to Poroy or Ollantaytambo railway station depending on availability
- From January to March, all trains departs from Ollantaytambo for weather reasons
- Travel date amendments are accepted 16 days before scheduled tour date
- The guided tour inside Machu Picchu takes around 3 hours following a designated route
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Machu Picchu Admission ticket and train tickets are included in this tour. We will send you by email in advance
- Machu Picchu has a limited capacity for covid reasons and it has shifts entry by hours from 6 am to 2 pm
- Machu Picchu has two seasons. Rainy season from December to March. Dry season, the rest of the year
- Most guests can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 guests
Please read our Tour Cancelation Policy before booking.
TOUR CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us by phone at +1 (805) 826-3657 or email us at email@example.com.
The following cancellation policy applies only for Day Tours (DOES NOT apply for Multi-Day Tours).
Due to the nature of our business, the logistics involved with organizing tours and the high reservation demand following refund policies apply:
- 100% refund less credit card processing fees will only be granted if booked via our website www.taotravel365.tours AND if canceled more than 7 days before the start of the tour.
- 50% refund less credit card processing fees will be granted for cancellations received less than 7 days AND more than 48 hours before the tour start date.
- No refund will be granted for cancelations received less than 48 hours before the tour start date.
All sales are ﬁnal.
For all bookings made via outside portals such as, but not limited to Viator, Expedia, Airbnb, please refer and adhere to the respective cancellation policy of the portal that you booked with.
If you are unable to realize the reservation, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different tour for you.
If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your scheduled reservation or pick up, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to participate in our tour and have fun. That is our goal!
CANCELED OR POSTPONED TOURS
Occasionally, tours are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that tour. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed tour, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your tour by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your tour or schedule you for another tour, as detailed below.
All sales are final. No refunds are available unless a tour is canceled or postponed, or we are given 48 hours advance noticed whereby a 50 percent refund will be awarded. We will offer refunds of the full face value of the tour(s) that are canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted tour, then instead the discounted tour price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees. To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed tour, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of the tour cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
No tour exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by phone at +1 (805) 826-3657 or by email at email@example.com to inquire about tour exchanges. Fees may apply.