We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
Mayan Cenote & Snorkel Excursion
Discover the beautiful Caribbean Sea (NOTE: DEPENDING ON THE SEASON WE MAY MOVE THE LOCATION TO A CARIBBEAN SEA INLET), snorkeling on pristine coral reefs and discover the Mayan Jungle and experience swimming and snorkeling in amazing crystalline cenotes in a spectacular and safe way, while learning about the deep cultural and geological heritage of the region.
Avoid tourist crowds when visiting the jungle and its cenotes or gateways to the underground river system, and discover a dream place to create the best memories for you and your family or friends.
Enjoy snorkeling in the Caribbean Sea (OR CARIBBEAN SEA INLET) and immerse yourself in the cool waters of the beautiful Speleology Cenote while learning about Mayan worldview and spirituality and to top it all… a delicious traditional lunch.
This half day tour is the perfect combination of Mayan culture , Caribbean ocean & Cenote excursion.
We head straight for the Caribbean ocean (OR CARIBBEAN SEA INLET), where you will be able to admire the amazing underwater world, an impressive reef system and a multitude of colorful fish surrounding you.
We continue our tour to the Cenote, one of the most unique natural features the Yucatan Peninsula. No one traveling to the Riviera Maya should miss out on a Cenote visit! There are over 3,000 Cenotes (natural sink holes) in the Yucatán Peninsula, with only 1,400 of them having been studied and recorded. Most of these Cenotes are located between Cancun and Tulum and the Riviera Maya, which features the world’s three longest-running underwater cave systems: Sistema Ox Bel Ha (270.2 km), Sistema Nohoch Nah Chich (67 km), and Sistema Dos Ojos (82.47 km).
Cenotes were once sacred places of the Mayans, as they were said to represent entrances to the underworld (known as Xibalba). Their natural beauty, reflecting stalactites and stalagmites in the crystal clear turquoise waters, are truly amazing natural wonders that both visitors and cave divers from all over the world can’t help but explore.
We have chosen an amazing Cenote for our guests, which has a 600-meter long cave and allows you the opportunity to appreciate the various types of calcareous formations, learn about their formation process and gain an understanding of the importance of these caves for the ancient Mayan civilization.
We start our Cenote cave exploration, walking through 1 meter shadow water until we reach an area where the ceiling of the cave collapsed allowing bright natural light to enter and giving us the opportunity to swim in the deep Cenote sink hole and feeling in awe at the beauty of the sheer natural spectacle unfolding all around us. We continue swimming and walking through the cave system until we reach the exit point, in the middle of the jungle.
- Price - $115 per person (Small Group Tour)
- Price - Additional +$135 (Private Tour)
- Price - Additional $50 (Private Tour with own transportation)
- Duration - 7 hours
- Only Tuesdays and Fridays. Other dates, please inquire (Small Group Tour). Any day (Private Tour)
- Start time - 7:15am - 7:45am
- Snorkel in the Caribbean Sea
- Swim in Speleology Cenote
- Delicious Lunch
- Excursion finishes at 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- Air-conditioned transportation (Hotel Pick up in Tulum Area. Outside of Tulum, there will be an Extra Fee depending on location)
- Water, fruit and snack
- Professional guide
- All activities and entrance fees
- All the necessary equipment for the activities
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Comfortable and safe footwear (sandals or water shoes)
- Sun glasses
- Cap or hat
- A reusable bottle to fill with water during the day
- Cash for tips and souvenirs
- There are no ATMs in the area, vendors do not accept card payments either. Cash Only!
- It is customary to tip guides and field equipment as a thank you for excellent service
TOUR CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us at +1 (213)-212-3708 or by WhatsApp at +507-6109-3118.
Due to the nature of our business, we do not offer full refunds. A partial refund of 50 percent will be granted if Tao Travel 365 receives notice at least 48 hours in advance of the tour start time. All sales are final. If you are unable to attend the tour, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different tour for you. If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your tour start time, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to come on the tour and to have fun. That is our goal!
CANCELED OR POSTPONED TOURS
Occasionally, tours are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that tour. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed tour, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your tour by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your tour or schedule you for another tour, as detailed below.
All sales are final. No refunds are available unless a tour is canceled or postponed, or we are given 48 hours advance noticed whereby a 50 percent refund will be awarded. We will offer refunds of the full face value of the tour(s) that are canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted tour, then instead the discounted tour price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees. To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed tour, contact us at email@example.com within 3 days of the tour cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
No tour exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by phone at +1 (213) 212-3708, by WhatsApp at +507-6109-3118 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about tour exchanges. Fees may apply.
COVID 19 CANCELATION POLICY
If you have a booking with us that isn’t covered in the policy above but has been impacted by COVID-19, you may still be eligible to change or cancel your booking if:
- You are impacted by the travel and/or disease control restrictions implemented by your local authorities or the authorities in your destination of travel.
- You are a medical professional and must perform duties in connection with the COVID-19 outbreak.
- You have been diagnosed or are suspected of being infected with COVID-19 by health authorities.In any of these cases, you may cancel your booking with a 100% refund, less service, payment processing or convenience fees. Please note that we require official proof of how Covid 19 has impacted your travel plans.
You must enter a tour map code in the appropriate field when editing your tour in order for it to be displayed here