At this time, this tour does not operate until further notice. We expect this tour to commence again by November 2023
We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
Money Heist San Blas Day Tour – Visit 3 islands & Natural Pool
Voted "BEST Panama Tour" four years in a row, we are proud to offer this unique San Blas adventure, a Money Heist San Blas Day Tour to 3 islands & Natural Pool, which includes a visit to Isla Pelicano, the Money Heist island, made famous on the Netflix Series (original title "Casa de Papel"). Immerse yourself in the world of the iconic Netflix series.
San Blas is one of the last pristine island archipelagos in this world with the indigenous Kuna population, which ,to this day, still lives in a very simple and happy way. We are offering an all-inclusive San Blas Day Trip that will allow our guests to visit San Blas and get a glimpse of paradise while visiting 2 of the 365 islands in San Blas and a sunken island a.k.a Natural Pool.
Due to our close connections with the Kuna tribe, we are able to offer you the best San Blas Day Tour experience at the lowest prices. We are aware you will be faced with choosing from many different San Blas day tour companies. In order to make your decision easy, we offer you the best of everything at a competitive price:
- Timely pick-up from your Panama City lodging
- Spacious, comfortable 4x4 transportation with friendly and knowledgeable drivers
- Full insurance for guests, cars and boats
- All our boats have sun protection with big awnings, for the boat ride to the islands
- We include a quality lunch and one drink of your choice (water, soda or beer). Each meal is prepared in a CLEAN kitchen with FRESH ingredients.
- We include new snorkel equipment for each guest in order to be able to explore the underwater beauties of the San Blas reefs and shipwreck.
- Our San Blas "Money Heist" Day Tour to 3 islands & Natural Pool lasts one hour longer than most others.
- Excellent customer service. We are available 24/7 in order to assist you with any questions or needs.
- Easy and secure payments online with any major credit card, Paypal or crypto through our booking forms and secure payment portals.
- Best Price/Quality Guarantee
We are excited to share the beauty of the people and the islands with you and hope to become your premier provider for amazing adventures in Panama and beyond.
Your Money Heist San Blas Day Tour starts early in the morning. A friendly driver will meet you at your Panama City lodging between 5:00am and 5:45am and safely transport you and up to five other guests to the Port of Carti. Relax and start enjoying during the 2.5-3 hour journey through the spectacular jungle highlands. Oftentimes we encounter wildlife, such as monkeys and sloths on the road and will gladly stop the car to give you opportunities to admire these beautiful animals and to take photos. Our drivers will also stop at a grocery store in case you want to purchase any items, such as snacks, water or fruit.
When arriving at the port a “lancha” boat with your San Blas tour guide will be waiting for you, ready to commence the San Blas tour.
The 30-minute boat ride to the islands may be a little bumpy and, depending on ocean conditions, there may be some ocean spray. All of our boats have ample space and feature sun protection that will make this journey more comfortable.
Arriving at the stunning San Blas Islands, you'll be greeted by crystal-clear turquoise waters, pristine white sandy beaches, and lush tropical vegetation. This breathtaking paradise serves as the backdrop for some of the most iconic scenes from "Money Heist." Take a moment to soak in the beauty of your surroundings and appreciate the stunning landscapes that served as the setting for the characters' daring escapades.
Dive into the crystalline ocean, play with the multitude of colorful fish surrounding you, while snorkeling on the surrounding reef located close to the beach. You will have plenty of time to relax in the shade of a palm tree, explore the island, meet the amazing Kuna population or bath in the crystal clear ocean, surrounding yourself with the iridescent turquoise water colors allowing for postcard perfect photo shots. We provide all of our guests with free snorkel equipment for the day to marvel at the colorful reef and the multitude of fish species surrounding you. We also provide our guests with towels, beach chairs, and SUP boards (shared amongst guests). Re-live the famous TV-series scenes of "Money Heist", in which Tokyo and Denver used this island as their secret, romantic hideaway.
At lunchtime you will be served a tasty and freshly prepared lunch, with a choice of fresh fish or chicken (note: we also offer vegetarian options and other alternatives, if you have diet restrictions).
Our second destination leads us to an awe inspiring Natural Pool. Stand waist-deep in the middle of the ocean on fine sand and admire the many sea stars populating this vast, shallow area. Whether using your snorkel gear or not, everyone will be able to glimpse the amazing underwater world only a few feet below the surface.
Our third stop leads us to Isla Ucubsui (depending on ocean and weather conditions), which will welcome you with their palm fringed beaches and azure waters. Indulge in a fresh coconut, plunge into the balmy ocean or lounge lazily on the white sand beach.
Lastly, we visit a larger island, called Naranjo Chico, which is home to a traditional Kuna village. Enjoy the pristine white sand beach, the colorful reef, just in front, or stroll around the island exploring the village, meeting some of the Kuna residents.
Between 3:00 and 3:30pm we will leave this island paradise and head back to the Port of Carti. Your driver will be waiting for you and safely drive you back to Panama City, dropping you off at your lodging by 7pm.
San Blas is one of the last unspoiled and undeveloped places in the world and we hope you will get to experience the beauty of the islands and the innocence of the unique Kuna culture. For our guests who only have one day to travel to the “Guna Yala” nation, the San Blas Day tour is the best option and will surely make you want to come back again.
PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR A 2.5 HOUR CAR JOURNEY EACH WAY OVER BAD ROADS WITH POTHOLES AND SLOW CURVES! THERE IS ALSO A 25-30 MINUTE BOAT RIDE TO YOUR FIRST ISLAND WHICH CAN GET QUITE BUMPY AND WET. We feel that the islands are worth the long drive, but some travelers have complained about the roads and the fast boat ride from and to the port. While we strive to provide our guests the best service and an unforgettable experience in San Blas, we are not responsible for road and ocean conditions, and we would like you to be aware of this fact :)
We also offer San Blas sailboat charter tours that will allow you to visit many more islands and enjoy all-inclusive amenities, such as gourmet meals, open bar, snacks throughout the day, kayaks, SUP boards and much more.
For those of you who long for a relaxing multi-day San Blas vacation, relaxing in a hammock, reading a book, sipping on a cocktail and watching spectacular golden red sunsets we offer San Blas cabins on various unique San Blas islands. Whether staying in an "Over-water" cabin and jumping into the ocean from your bedroom or sleeping in a traditional Kuna hut, we can provide you with options that suit your particular taste and style.
TOUR SUMMARY - Money Heist San Blas Day Tour
- Price - $119 per person
- Small Group tour
- Duration - 14 hours
- Available all week
- Start time - between 5:00am - 5:45am
- Boat tour and visit Isla Pelicano (the Money Heist island)
- Boat tour and visit Isla Ucubsui
- Boat tour and visit the Natural Pool
- Boat tour and visit Isla Naranjo Chico
- Return to Panama City by 7:00pm
- Shared roundtrip Transfer from your lodging in Panama City to Port of Carti
- Roundtrip Boat transfer from Port of Carti to the islands
- Island Taxes
- 3-Island + Natural Pool Guided Tour
- Snorkel Equipment
- Lunch (Chicken or Fish with rice, plantains and salad)
- One drink (Beer, Bottled Water, or Soda)
- Beach Chairs and Towels (upon request and subject to availability)
- Paddle Boards (upon request and subject to availability)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Kuna Entrance Fee ($22 for Internationals, $7 for Panamanian residents)
- Lobster Lunch ($15 extra for 1lb lobster, $25 extra for 4lbs. lobster with advance notice)
- Casa de papel masks and uniforms
- Pick-up from Panama City lodging between 5:00am and 5:45am
- Arrive in Port of Carti of San Blas at 9:00am
- Guided Day Tour from 9:00am to 3:30pm
- Pick-up from Port of Carti by 4:00pm
- Arrive in Panama City at 7:00pm
WHAT TO BRING
- Passport or Cedula for Kuna territory entry
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Sun glasses
- Cap or hat
- A reusable bottle to fill with water during the day
- Cash for tips and souvenirs
- ATTENTION LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS: Bookings made after 6:00pm for the following day are NOT guaranteed until we respond and explicitly confirm your tour itinerary. If your booking is not confirmed by one of our booking specialists, your tour will be scheduled for the subsequent day.
- The tour guide does not speak English (only very basic English skills)
- Add $15 per person for a fresh 1 lb lobster meal (with advance notice)
- Add $25 per person for a fresh 4 lbs lobster meal (with advance notice)
- Discount of $40, if you prefer to drive to Carti in your own transportation
- Round-trip transportation from Playa Bonita area for additional $10 per person
SAN BLAS DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ
While San Blas is a beautiful island archipelago with stunning beaches and clear waters, it also has its downsides, for which we would like to make you aware off.
In San Blas only the Kuna population is allowed to work in the territory. The services and infrastructure are not what most of us are used to. Kunas are not very service oriented and can often seem shy or reserved. A stay in San Blas can be compared to a camping vacation that offers minimal comfort, services and amenities. We strongly advise those who have 5 star expectations to think twice before embarking on this adventure. We do have alternative tours in Panama with more high-end services.
We really care about our reputation and we want our guests to enjoy their vacation with us. We attempt to be as transparent as possible in order to set guest expectations from the start. We do not own any of the islands and we pride ourselves in providing excellent service during your booking process and attempting to assist you during your San Blas vacation. However, please remember that we cannot guarantee the same excellent service during your stay in San Blas.
Please read all the below information well!
- San Blas is very rustic without the amenities and standards you might be used to from home. Compared to places such as Tahiti and Maldives that are managed by international hotel chains, San Blas has remained autonomous without the influence of outsiders. When visiting San Blas, it should be viewed as a cultural experience where guests visit the paradise islands of the Kunas and respect their traditions and their primitive ways of living.
- No air condition - None of the islands offer A/C
- No Wifi - You can buy a prepaid SIM card (Tigo or Digicel), which may or may not have signal.
- No luxury facilities - Bathrooms may be dirty, sinks may get clogged
- What seems like trash and clutter around the local huts, are items and tools that Kunas re-use for their daily lives. Please respect the fact that different cultures have different education, perspectives and ways of living and do not expect the cleanliness you may be used to from your home country.
- All services will all be handled by the indigenous Kuna. While Tao Travel 365 strives to provide the best service possible and train the Kuna in customer management, some of the below services are often out of our control.
- Car transportation - the ride to San Blas takes 2.5 to 3 hours, with 1.5 hours over slow, curvy roads. For those with motion sickness, please prepare accordingly. The transportation is in a shared 4x4 SUV, with one seat up front, three seats in the middle row and 2 seats in the back row. Seats are assigned randomly. Those who require additional space in the car must purchase an extra seat. Pick up from your lodging is scheduled between 5:00am and 5:30am, but can sometimes be as late as 5:45am depending on the timeliness of other guests that we pick up. Out of respect for all others in the car we ask everyone to wait in the lobby of their building at 5:00am. If you are not at the designated meeting point, the driver will make an effort to locate you, but he cannot delay the transportation by more than 10 minutes. No refunds are awarded to guests who don’t show up on time.
- Boat transportation - depending on weather and ocean conditions, the 20-40 minute boat ride might be bumpy and wet with ocean spray.
- Island kitchen - meal are prepared fresh in the local kitchen and usually consist of fried or grilled fish with salad and patacones (fried plantains).
- Most Kunas DO NOT speak English.
- Trash is a worldwide problem and unfortunately San Blas has not been spared from the ever increasing issue. During certain tides and ocean and wind conditions plastic trash from throughout the Caribbean ocean accumulates on the beaches of San Blas. While the local Kuna are working hard to collect the constant flood of plastic trash washing up on their beaches, guests will nevertheless find evidence of plastic spread out on the island. Furthermore, Kunas tend to collect certain “trash” and re-use it for their purposes.
- During the wet months (April - December) or during windless days, all of San Blas experiences sandflies, which are little blood-sucking flies that leave itchy marks. Please ensure to bring insect repellent and prepare to return to Panama City with a few itchy memories.
- Panama is located in the Intertropical Convergence Zone, which means that the weather is very unpredictable and is impossible to forecast with accuracy. The weather forecast will usually show rain and thunderstorms for most days of the year, when in reality there are oftentimes beautiful, sunny days in San Blas. Please do not rely on the weather forecast in Panama.
- Due to the tropical conditions in San Blas rain can occur at any time and we do not offer refunds for rainy days.
- Travel Emergencies:
- The San Blas islands are located in a very remote region of Panama. We ask all guests to be responsible for their own well being and to be aware that medical assistance can often not be provided right away. The closest medical facility in San Blas is very basic and can only provide assistance for minor issues. Guests with injuries such as broken bones that require more specialized treatment need to be transported to Panama City.
- Guests are responsible for all charges arising from a medical emergency, such as boat and car transportation and medical care. We suggest all guests to carry a Travel Insurance to cover emergency expenses. For more information, please visit www.taotravel365.tours/travel-insurance/
We kindly ask our guests to lower their expectation when visiting San Blas and to focus on the beautiful remote paradise that San Blas has remained despite the effects that modern society has caused to them. The Kunas are very gentle and kind people, but can also be somewhat shy at times. When approaching them with a smile and an open heart you will be guaranteed an innocent, happy smile in return. Arriving with the right mindset and expectation usually guarantees an unforgettable experience, where guests are able to focus on the beauties of the islands, beaches, ocean and the people, rather than on the limitations that we mentioned above.
Please read our Tour Cancelation Policy before booking.
TOUR CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us by phone at +1 (805) 826-3657 or email us at email@example.com.
The following cancellation policy applies only for Day Tours (DOES NOT apply for Multi-Day Tours).
Due to the nature of our business, the logistics involved with organizing tours and the high reservation demand following refund policies apply:
- 100% refund less credit card processing fees will only be granted if booked via our website www.taotravel365.tours AND if canceled more than 7 days before the start of the tour.
- 50% refund less credit card processing fees will be granted for cancellations received less than 7 days AND more than 48 hours before the tour start date.
- No refund will be granted for cancelations received less than 48 hours before the tour start date.
All sales are ﬁnal.
For all bookings made via outside portals such as, but not limited to Viator, Expedia, Airbnb, please refer and adhere to the respective cancellation policy of the portal that you booked with.
If you are unable to realize the reservation, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different tour for you.
If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your scheduled reservation or pick up, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to visit San Blas and to have fun. That is our goal!
CANCELED OR POSTPONED TOURS
Occasionally, tours are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that tour. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed tour, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your tour by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your tour or schedule you for another tour, as detailed below.
All sales are final. No refunds are available unless a tour is canceled or postponed, or we are given 48 hours advance noticed whereby a 50 percent refund will be awarded. We will offer refunds of the full face value of the tour(s) that are canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted tour, then instead the discounted tour price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees. To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed tour, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of the tour cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
No tour exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by phone at +1 (805) 826-3657 or by email at email@example.com to inquire about tour exchanges. Fees may apply.