We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
Monkey Island + Sloth Sanctuary tour
Get up close and personal with four different species of monkeys -the Mantled Howler Monkey, the White-Faced Capuchin Monkey, Geoffroy’s Tamarin Monkey, and the Lemurine Owl Monkey - as they climb on you and snatch food. Discover many other wild animals including crocodiles, toucans, sloths, iguanas, turtles, and numerous exotic birds.
We will also visit a sloth sanctuary, where you can observe these intriguing creatures in their natural habitat.
At 7:00 am, your personal guide and driver will meet you at your Panama City lodging. As you commence the 40 minute drive, you will have the chance to see the old, colonial American neighborhoods, which served as homes for the Canal construction families and we will pass the famous Culebra Cut. As we arrive at the shores of Lake Gatun you will be greeted by the dense rainforest and all its intriguing sights and sounds.
We will embark with our boat into the Chagres River, which will lead us into the artificially created Gatun lake, which is a hotspot for biodiversity, giving you the chance to spot wildlife such as the coati, howler monkeys, squirrels and sloths, as well as beautiful birds like the toucan and parrots. Our path takes us mostly parallel to the Canal and into Soberanía National Park on our way to the Gamboa Public Docks, where the Chagres River meets the Panama Canal. A couple of minutes into the boat ride, we enter the Canal and take a quick ride past the Dredging Division's facilities and along the shipping lane (and past a large ship or three) toward the Monkey Island area. Needless to say, thanks to Panama’s abundant biodiversity, a bit of luck, and your boat captains’ uncannily sharp eyes will give you plenty more to look for, so keep that camera handy at all times
As we land on the Monkey Island, listen for the different primate sounds and the rustling in the trees as monkeys jump amongst the branches. Prepare for monkeys to come up to you and inspect your clothes, hats and bags. Being surrounded by these magnificent creatures will be an unforgettable experience and give you many photo opportunities.
Next up we stop by the Sloth Sanctuary, where we can observe the three-toed and two-toed sloths that have been rescued. We will learn about their life and unique habits and about the efforts that are taken to preserve these amazing animals.
On our last stop we visit the Butterfly House where we will observe the endemic butterflies that live in the Panamanian rainforest such as the colorful Blue Morpho Butterfly. We will also visit the orchid and frog exhibitions.
At 12:00pm, we start to make our way back to our tour starting point and back to Panama City.
- Tour (minimum 2 guests)
- Price - $119 per person
- Duration - 5 hours
- Start time - 7:00 am - Mondays Only
- Pick-up and drop off at your Panama City lodging
- Well-maintained, air-conditioned car
- Bi-lingual guides (English/Spanish)
- Tour to Monkey Island, Sloth Sanctuary, Butterfly house and Orchid & Frog exhibition
- Boat Tour
- Island entrance fees
- Entrance to the Sloth Sanctuary, Butterfly House and, Orchids and Frog exhibitions
- Water Bottles
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Comfortable and safe footwear (sandals or water shoes)
- Sun glasses
- Cap or hat
- A reusable bottle to fill with water during the day
- Cash for tips and souvenirs
- There are no ATMs in the area, vendors do not accept card payments either. Cash Only!
- It is customary to tip guides and field equipment as a thank you for excellent service
TOUR CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us at +1 (213)-212-3708 or by WhatsApp at +507-6109-3118.
Due to the nature of our business, we do not offer full refunds. A partial refund of 50 percent will be granted if Tao Travel 365 receives notice at least 48 hours in advance of the tour start time. All sales are final. If you are unable to attend the tour, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different tour for you. If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your tour start time, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to come on the tour and to have fun. That is our goal!
CANCELED OR POSTPONED TOURS
Occasionally, tours are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that tour. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed tour, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your tour by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your tour or schedule you for another tour, as detailed below.
All sales are final. No refunds are available unless a tour is canceled or postponed, or we are given 48 hours advance noticed whereby a 50 percent refund will be awarded. We will offer refunds of the full face value of the tour(s) that are canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted tour, then instead the discounted tour price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees. To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed tour, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of the tour cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
No tour exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by phone at +1 (213) 212-3708, by WhatsApp at +507-6109-3118 or by email at email@example.com to inquire about tour exchanges. Fees may apply.
COVID 19 CANCELATION POLICY
If you have a booking with us that isn’t covered in the policy above but has been impacted by COVID-19, you may still be eligible to change or cancel your booking if:
- You are impacted by the travel and/or disease control restrictions implemented by your local authorities or the authorities in your destination of travel.
- You are a medical professional and must perform duties in connection with the COVID-19 outbreak.
- You have been diagnosed or are suspected of being infected with COVID-19 by health authorities.In any of these cases, you may cancel your booking with a 100% refund, less service, payment processing or convenience fees. Please note that we require official proof of how Covid 19 has impacted your travel plans.