We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
Private Cenote Tour – Explore Mysterious Mayan Caves
Mexico's Yucatán Peninsula has undoubtedly spectacular beaches around Cancún, Playa del Carmen and Tulum. But those who seek to cool off and take a break from the searing sun can escape to a secret and mysterious underworld of turquoise pools where Mayans communicated with their gods.
Cenotes are natural swimming holes formed by the collapse of porous limestone bedrock, which reveals a secret subterranean world of groundwater pools. The Mayans revered Cenotes because they were a source of water in dry times; in fact, the name Cenote means 'sacred well’.
At these secluded locations, you can plunge into the clear, crisp mineral-rich waters of these magical caves while looking up at the jungle-framed sky, feeling lost in another time.
What most people don’t know is that Cenotes are part of an interlinked system of underground rivers and caves spanning thousands of kilometers - some explored, many unknown.
Divers have found everything from ashes of prehistoric fires to human skulls, bone flutes, and the eight-foot-tall skeletons of extinct giant sloths preserved among the stalagmites and stalactites.
The jungles of the Yucatán still hold some secrets, though. New Cenotes are being discovered, and scientists believe the distance of surveyed caves represents less than half of what’s actually down there. In a world where virtually everything is Yelped, FourSquared, geo-located, Pinned, and Snapped, the Yucatán’s Cenotes are a true last frontier, one of the only places on Earth where you can step foot (or fin) where no one’s been before you.
WELCOME TO OUR PRIVATE CENOTE TOUR - A MAYAN CAVING EXPLORATION!
We proudly present this amazing Cenote tour, which will take our guests into the mysterious Mayan underworld. Led by our bi-lingual guides Pako or Bohish, who are some of the region’s most famous Cenote explorers and wildlife conservationists, you will be taken to an EXCLUSIVE Cenote, called Sac Pool. Equally passionate about Mayan culture and the preservation of jaguars, Pako and Bohish will safely guide you through a labyrinth of wondrous caves and rivers, while sharing their knowledge about the geological phenomenon that took place millions of years ago.
In the interior of the Cenotes, millions of fossilized corals and marine animals have been found, such as prehistoric sharks, whales and even elephants and other prehistoric mammals more than 10,000 years old. The animals that are the easiest to admire without specialized equipment are those who have shells, because when they die, they tend to accumulate and degrade until compacted densely, forming what is known as a calcareous rock.
Hiking through the caverns and caves you may discover these fossilized creatures and come across ancient Mayan artifacts while Pako wistfully explains about their origin, and purpose, making its history come alive in your imagination.
- Price - $99 per person (Small Group Tour)
- Duration - 3 hours (all other tours only go for 45 minutes)
- Private Tour
- Any day of the week
- Start time - 8:00am
- Cenote Tour to Sac Pool (privately owned and exclusive only to this tour)
- Recommended for all levels
- Low to moderate endurance required
- Fruits & Water
- Excursion finishes between 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
- All tours are private
- Bi-lingual private guide
- Roundtrip transportation (may be in a shared van)
- Cave admission fee
- Helmet with lamp
- Life jacket (not obligatory)
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Lunch (you are welcome to bring food)
- Wetsuit (can be rented for $10)
- Tips & Gratuities
- Pick-up from your lodging between 7:45 and 8:00am (may be in a shared van)
- Arrive at the entry point by 8:45am
- Cenote Tour between 2 and 3 hours
- Arrive back at your lodging between 11:30pm and 12:30pm
WHAT TO BRING
- There are no ATMs in the area, vendors do not accept card payments either. Cash Only!
- Transportation may be in a shared van
- It is customary to tip guides and field equipment as a thank you for excellent service
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Comfortable and safe footwear (sandals or water shoes)
- Sun glasses
- Cap or hat
- A reusable bottle to fill with water during the day
Please read our Tour Cancelation Policy before booking.
TOUR CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us by phone at +1 (805) 826-3657 or email us at email@example.com.
The following cancellation policy applies only for Day Tours (DOES NOT apply for Multi-Day Tours).
Due to the nature of our business, the logistics involved with organizing tours and the high reservation demand following refund policies apply:
- 100% refund less credit card processing fees will only be granted if booked via our website www.taotravel365.tours AND if canceled more than 7 days before the start of the tour.
- 50% refund less credit card processing fees will be granted for cancellations received less than 7 days AND more than 48 hours before the tour start date.
- No refund will be granted for cancelations received less than 48 hours before the tour start date.
All sales are ﬁnal.
For all bookings made via outside portals such as, but not limited to Viator, Expedia, Airbnb, please refer and adhere to the respective cancellation policy of the portal that you booked with.
If you are unable to realize the reservation, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different tour for you.
If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your scheduled reservation or pick up, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to participate in our tour and have fun. That is our goal!
CANCELED OR POSTPONED TOURS
Occasionally, tours are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that tour. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed tour, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your tour by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your tour or schedule you for another tour, as detailed below.
All sales are final. No refunds are available unless a tour is canceled or postponed, or we are given 48 hours advance noticed whereby a 50 percent refund will be awarded. We will offer refunds of the full face value of the tour(s) that are canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted tour, then instead the discounted tour price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees. To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed tour, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of the tour cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
No tour exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by phone at +1 (805) 826-3657 or by email at email@example.com to inquire about tour exchanges. Fees may apply.