We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
Sian Ka’an Day Tour
In the language of the Mayans, Sian Ka'an means “Origin of the Sky”. Anyone who is lucky enough to visit this extraordinary place, will agree with the ancient people who once inhabited this region.
Located along the eastern coast of the Yucátan peninsula this “gift of heaven” brims with nature and wildlife. Containing tropical forests, mangroves, marshes and a sand dune covered in coastal vegetation between the Caribbean Sea and lagoons as well as an expansive marine area, interspersed by one of the largest barrier reefs in Mexico, this biosphere creates the perfect environment for a rich flora and fauna.
Nominated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1986, Sian Ka’an is home to more than 300 species of birds, as well as a large number of the region's characteristic terrestrial vertebrates, such as dolphins, sea turtles, crocodiles, and even the gentle manatee sea cow.
Thanks to the region’s strict regulations and promotion of sustainable practices for the local fishing and tourism industries, Sian Ka’an has been protected from overexploitation and has maintained its beauty and charm.
TOUR OVERVIEW - Sian Ka'an Day Tour
The tour starts in the town of Punta Allen, which is located at the tip of a large sand dune, wedged between the Caribbean Sea and a series of lagoons, which we will enter with our boat, before heading towards Ascension Bay, where we get the opportunity to snorkel on the Mesoamerican barrier reef (permitting weather conditions), admiring various colorful coral and reef fish. We will stop at a scenic sandbar, also known as “the great natural pool”, where we can lounge in the warm ocean, relax and enjoy the beauties all around us. Almost every photo taken in this place will be Instagram perfect for your followers!
When we are ready, we will return to Punta Allen, where a delicious lunch is waiting for us.
TOUR SUMMARY - Sian Ka'an Day Tour
- Price - $170 per person (Small Group Tour)
- Duration - 11 hours
- Only Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Other dates, please inquire.
- Start time - 7:00am - 8:00am
- Sian Ka'An adventure
- Delicious Lunch
- Excursion finishes between 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Air-conditioned transportation (Hotel Pick up in Tulum Area. Outside of Tulum, there will be an Extra Fee depending on location)
- Bi-lingual private guide
- Water, fruit and snack
- One guide per boat
- All activities and access fees
- All the necessary equipment for the activities (binoculars are not included)
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Tips & Gratuities
- Pick-up from your lodging between 7:00 and 8:00am
- Land transfer from entrance of the reserve to our boat (40 minutes)
- Visit of Boca Paila, The Union between Wetlands and the Sea in search of Manatees and Crocodiles
- Explore the amazing colonies of birds nesting in Sian Ka’an
- Continue the adventure by boat, searching for dolphins, sea turtles and more…
- Snorkel on the Mesoamerican barrier reef (depending on weather and ocean conditions)
- Enjoy the “Natural Pool” sandbank
- Delicious Caribbean Lunch in the village of Punta Allen
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Comfortable shoes (there is very little walking on this excursion)
- Sun glasses
- Waterproof camera
- Cap or hat
- A reusable bottle to fill with water during the day
- Cash for tips and souvenirs.
- There are no ATMs in the area, vendors do not accept card payments either. Cash Only!
- It is customary to tip guides and field equipment as a thank you for excellent service
Please read our Tour Cancelation Policy before booking our tours.
TOUR CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us at +1 (917) 283-4668 or by WhatsApp at +507-6172-8682.
Due to the nature of our business, the high reservation demand and the logistics involved in organizing your tour a 100% refund less credit card processing fees will only be granted if booked via our website www.taotravel365.tours AND if canceled more than 7 days before the tour date. No refunds apply if canceled less than 7 days before the tour start date. All sales are final. If you are unable to attend the tour, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different tour for you. If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your tour start time, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to come on the tour and to have fun. That is our goal!
CANCELED OR POSTPONED TOURS
Occasionally, tours are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that tour. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed tour, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your tour by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your tour or schedule you for another tour, as detailed below.
All sales are final. No refunds are available unless a tour is canceled or postponed, or we are given 48 hours advance noticed whereby a 50 percent refund will be awarded. We will offer refunds of the full face value of the tour(s) that are canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted tour, then instead the discounted tour price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees. To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed tour, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of the tour cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
No tour exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by phone at +1 (917) 283-4668 or by WhatsApp at +507-6172-8682 or by email at email@example.com to inquire about tour exchanges. Fees may apply.