We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
Sian Ka’An Muyil – Float in Crystalline Waters
The Muyil archaeological site, located in the northern part of the Sian Ka'an biosphere reserve, served as a point of exchange in ancient Mayan times by connecting the Caribbean Sea with the mainland. Muyil is the ideal place to enjoy spectacular landscapes of lagoons and jungle with astonishing Mayan temples such as "El Castillo" which is 17 meters high.
This tour is an excellent option for those who want to experience a relaxing, yet inspiring afternoon, learning about the ecology of the area and about the Mayan civilization.
We will learn about the objectives of the ¨man in the biosphere¨ (MAB) program, the ecology of the jungle, wetlands and the connection that exists between different ecosystems and species of flora and fauna.
From the archaeological zone we will take an interpretive path to know some of the most important trees for the area, some eyes of water (small Cenotes). We will climb a wooden tower to the highest observation point in Sian Ka'an to admire the lush vegetation and freshwater wetlands below.
Upon reaching the Muyil lagoon, we will eat a light vegetarian lunch and then take our boat through two lagoons connected by a canal that has been in use for many centuries.
Xlapak is the name of the building built at the beginning of a river and the beginning of a unique and unforgettable experience where we will float in crystal clear water with our life jacket among mangroves and epiphytic plants such as orchids and bromeliads for around 30 minutes listening to the singing of birds. and the wind that moves the grasslands.
After floating we will return walking along a wooden path to find our boat that will take us back to the mainland.
- Price - $130 per person (Small Group Tour)
- Price - Additional +$170 (Private Tour)
- Price - Additional +$60 (Private Tour with own transportation)
- Duration - 6 hours
- Only Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Other dates, please inquire (Small Group Tour). Any day (Private Tour)
- Start time - 12:30pm - 1:00pm
- Exploration of the Muyil archeological site
- View of the area from atop the observation tower
- Vegetarian Lunch
- Boat tour through two fresh water lagoons
- Floatation activity in river (Old Canal)
- Return to hotel between 6:30pm - 7:00pm
- Air-conditioned transportation (Hotel Pick up in Tulum Area. Outside of Tulum, there will be an Extra Fee depending on location)
- Water, fruit and snack
- Professional guide
- All activities and entrance fees
- All the necessary equipment for the activities
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun glasses
- Cap or hat
- A reusable bottle to fill with water during the day
- Cash for tips and souvenirs
- There are no ATMs in the area, vendors do not accept card payments either. Cash Only!
- It is customary to tip guides and field equipment as a thank you for excellent service
TOUR CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us at +1 (213)-212-3708 or by WhatsApp at +507-6109-3118.
Due to the nature of our business, we do not offer full refunds. A partial refund of 50 percent will be granted if Tao Travel 365 receives notice at least 48 hours in advance of the tour start time. All sales are final. If you are unable to attend the tour, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different tour for you. If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your tour start time, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to come on the tour and to have fun. That is our goal!
CANCELED OR POSTPONED TOURS
Occasionally, tours are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that tour. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed tour, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your tour by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your tour or schedule you for another tour, as detailed below.
All sales are final. No refunds are available unless a tour is canceled or postponed, or we are given 48 hours advance noticed whereby a 50 percent refund will be awarded. We will offer refunds of the full face value of the tour(s) that are canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted tour, then instead the discounted tour price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees. To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed tour, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of the tour cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
No tour exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by phone at +1 (213) 212-3708, by WhatsApp at +507-6109-3118 or by email at email@example.com to inquire about tour exchanges. Fees may apply.
You must enter a tour map code in the appropriate field when editing your tour in order for it to be displayed here