We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
4-Day San Blas Islands Package – Visit 5 islands PLUS Holandeses Cays
We created this San Blas package for those travelers who want to discover San Blas and dive deep into its island paradise. This package consist of 4 days and 3 nights in San Blas, staying on Isla Yansailadup, which in our opinion is one of the most versatile islands, giving its guests ample space, great food, beautiful beaches and ocean activities, such as SUP board rentals.
1) San Blas Boat Tour in the Lemon Cays
Stay on Isla Yansailadup and visit Isla Perro and the famous Natural Pools with a boat tour.
2) Excursion to Holandese Cays
One of the highlights in San Blas are the remote Holandese Cays, a virgin island atoll that will leave its first-time visitors in awe when approaching the pristine white sand beaches surrounded by incandescent, azure waters. The shallow reefs with its colorful fish invite you to snorkel, the friendly Kuna family living on the island will give you a tour and explain about their culture and way of life, and the ever present reflection of the white sand beckons for you to lay down in the shade of the swaying palm trees. The one hour boat ride to this island chain is not for the faint of heart. Sometimes, due to wind and ocean conditions it may get bumpy and wet. However, once you arrive at your destination you will be rewarded with and unforgettable experience.
3) Private Over-the-Ocean cabin or Shared or Private room, Shared Bathroom on Isla Yansailadup
Minimum 1 Guest:
- Package #1 (Included) - Shared Bedroom, Shared Bathroom
- Package #2 (additional $5 per night) - Private Bedroom, Shared Bathroom
Minimum 2 Guests:
- Package #3 (additional $25 per night) - Private Oceanfront Cabin, Shared Bathroom
- Package #4 (additional $35 per night) - Private Over-the-Ocean Cabin, Shared Bathroom
We love this island and recommend it to our guests for its central location, beautiful beaches, good food and friendly Kuna population. Find more details here
4) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Breakfast consists of Ojaldre ("Puff pastry"), fresh fruit and coffee
Lunch and dinner consists of fresh fried fish, chicken or mixed seafood accompanied by rice, plantain and salad
5) Roundtrip boat transfer from the Port of Carti to Isla Yansailadup
When arriving at the port you will be directed to our lancha boat that is waiting for you.
***Please note that we recommend you to select our 4x4 SUV shuttle service from Panama City or Playa Bonita (optional at checkout) to ensure you arrive safely and on time.
6) All island taxes and fees
7) Snorkel & Mask during tours
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
1) Shared roundtrip Transfer from your lodging in Panama City to Port of Carti
We recommend you to select our shared shuttle service, picking you up from your Panama City or Playa Bonita lodgings between 5:00am and 5:45am. The drive to San Blas takes around 2.5 to 3 hours, with the last hour over slow and curvy roads. PLEASE PREARE ACCORDINGLY, IF YOU ARE PRONE TO MOTION SICKNESS.
If you plan to drive on your own, please note that only 4x4 SUVs are allowed into the Guna territory. All other type of cars will be turned around!
2) Kuna Entrance Fee ($22 for Internationals, $7 for Panamanian residents)
When entering the territory everyone has to pay an entrance fee in cash. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR PASSPORT.
Drinks can be purchased on the island (i.e. water, soda, wine, beer and rum)
If choosing our roundtrip shuttle service, our driver will pick you up between 5:00am - 5:45am (shared 4X4 transportation with up to 6 guests) arriving in Port of San Blas by 9:00am.
9:20am: After a short 20 minute boat ride you will arrive at Isla Yansailadup, checking into your lodging and changing into bathing suits. Start enjoying the beaches and meet some of the native Gunas.
Spend the rest of the day on Isla Yansailadup and acclimatize to the island life style.
Lunch is served by 12:30pm
Dinner is served after 6:00pm
Breakfast is served by 7:00am
Spend the morning on Isla Yansailadup, lounge in one of the ocean hammocks or paddle around the island on a complimentary SUP board.
Lunch is served early by 11:00am.
Depending on weather and ocean conditions, after lunch our panga boat will take you to the Holandese Cays. Prepare for an hour boat ride, which can often be a little rough. We suggest you bring a waterproof bag for your phones and cameras. PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO WEATHER AND OCEAN CONDITIONS THIS TOUR MAY TAKE PLACE ON DAY 1 OR DAY 3 INSTEAD.
Enjoy this virgin paradise of the Holandeses Cays. Not many people will ever see these remote and pristine islands, away from tourism!
Return to Isla Yansailadup by 5:00pm
Dinner is served after 6:00pm
Breakfast is served by 7:00am.
After breakfast you will be picked up by our lancha boat, which will take you on a San Blas island tour in the Lemon Cays. Visit the famous Isla Perro and snorkel on the sunken shipwreck. Stand waist deep in the Natural Pools and find sea stars.
Lunch is served back on Isla Yansailadup by 12:30pm.
Spend the rest of the day on Isla Yansailadup.
Dinner is served after 6:00pm
Breakfast is served by 7:00am
Checkout from your room is at 8:00am. Guests have the option to return to Panama City or Playa Bonita at 8:30am or to participate in another San Blas island tour to Isla Perro and the Natural Pools. Lunch is served on Isla Yansailadup, where you can enjoy the remainder of your stay on the paradise beaches. At 3:00pm the lancha boat will return you to the port of San Blas.
Guests returning at 8:00AM will be back in their Panama City lodgings by 11:30am.
Guests returning at 3:00pm will be back in their Panama City lodgings by 7:30pm
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Comfortable and safe footwear (sandals or water shoes)
- Sun glasses
- Cap or hat
- A reusable bottle to fill with water during the day
- Insect Repellent
SAN BLAS DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ!
While San Blas is a beautiful island archipelago with stunning beaches and clear waters, it also has its downsides, for which we would like to make you aware off.
In San Blas only the Kuna population is allowed to work in the territory. The services and infrastructure are not what most of us are used to. Kunas are not very service oriented and can often seem shy or reserved. A stay in San Blas can be compared to a camping vacation that offers minimal comfort, services and amenities. We strongly advise those who have 5 star expectations to think twice before embarking on this adventure. We do have alternative tours in Panama with more high-end services.
We really care about our reputation and we want our guests to enjoy their vacation with us. We attempt to be as transparent as possible in order to set guest expectations from the start. We do not own any of the islands and we pride ourselves in providing excellent service during your booking process and attempting to assist you during your San Blas vacation. However, please remember that we cannot guarantee the same excellent service during your stay in San Blas.
Please read all the below information well!
- San Blas is very rustic without the amenities and standards you might be used to from home. Compared to places such as Tahiti and Maldives that are managed by international hotel chains, San Blas has remained autonomous without the influence of outsiders. When visiting San Blas, it should be viewed as a cultural experience where guests live with the Kunas and respect their traditions and their primitive ways of living.
- No air condition - None of the islands offer A/C, some cabins don’t have fans either.
- No Wifi - You can buy a prepaid SIM card (Tigo or Digicel), which may or may not have signal.
- No luxury facilities - Bathrooms may be dirty, sinks may get clogged, sheets may be old
- Electricity is only available between 6:00pm and 6:00am. Cabins don’t have outlets. Electric devices can be charged in the restaurant.
- Water is a precious commodity in San Blas. It is either brought in by boat or pumped from the island well, which may have a significant salt content. Oftentimes pumps can malfunction and cause water outages.
- Beds and mattresses can be uncomfortable and sheets are old and worn.
- What seems like trash and clutter around the local huts, are items and tools that Kunas re-use for their daily lives. Please respect the fact that you will spend your time living alongside the Kunas who have different traditions and values.
- All services will all be handled by the indigenous Kuna. While Tao Travel 365 strives to provide the best service possible and train the Kuna in customer management, some of the below services are often out of our control.
- Car transportation - the ride to San Blas takes 2.5 to 3 hours, with 1.5 hours over slow, curvy roads with potholes. For those with motion sickness, please prepare accordingly. The transportation is in a shared 4x4 SUV, with one seat up front, three seats in the middle row and 2 seats in the back row. Seats are assigned randomly. Those who require additional space in the car must purchase an extra seat. Pick up from your lodging is scheduled between 5:00am and 5:30am, but can sometimes be as late as 5:45am depending on the timeliness of other guests that we pick up. Out of respect for all others in the car we ask everyone to wait in the lobby of their building at 5:00am. If you are not at the designated meeting point, the driver will make an effort to locate you, but he cannot delay the transportation by more than 10 minutes. No refunds are awarded to guests who don’t show up on time.
- Boat transportation - depending on weather and ocean conditions, the 20-40 minute boat ride might be bumpy and wet with ocean spray. Luggage is stored in the front of the boat and covered with tarps.
- Island cabin management - cabins are very rustic and facilities, such as showers and bathrooms are often “home-made” with PVC pipes. Some guests have complained that sheets are old. Please bring your own if you require fresh smelling sheets.
- Island kitchen - meal plans are repetitive and food might taste bland, without the use of spices. Additional food, drinks and snacks can be purchased on the way to San Blas. The driver will stop at a grocery store.
- Most Kunas DO NOT speak English. Please attempt to resolve any cabin related issues and requests directly with the island management.
- Trash is a worldwide problem and unfortunately San Blas has not been spared from the ever increasing issue. During certain tides and ocean and wind conditions plastic trash from throughout the Caribbean ocean accumulates on the beaches of San Blas. While the local Kuna are working hard to collect the constant flood of plastic trash washing up on their beaches, guests will nevertheless find evidence of plastic spread out on the island. Furthermore, Kunas tend to collect certain “trash” and re-use it for their purposes. For instance, a collection of empty gas canisters has been re-used to create a Christmas tree.
- During the wet months (April - December) or during windless days, all of San Blas experiences sandflies, which are little blood-sucking flies that leave itchy marks. Please ensure to bring insect repellent and prepare to return to Panama City with a few itchy memories. Some islands, such as Isla Wailidup tend to have more than others.
- Panama is located in the Intertropical Convergence Zone, which means that the weather is very unpredictable and is impossible to forecast with accuracy. The weather forecast will usually show rain and thunderstorms for most days of the year, when in reality there are oftentimes beautiful, sunny days in San Blas. Please do not rely on the weather forecast in Panama.
- Due to the tropical conditions in San Blas rain can occur at any time and we do not offer refunds for rainy days.
- Guests who stay in cabins and would like to return earlier than their scheduled departure date must notify our reservation team one day before by 5:00pm via WhatsApp at +507-6172-8682 or at +507-6563-6992 in order for us to arrange your return transfer. No refunds apply for early departures.
- Due to the complexity of the logistics involved with each reservation in San Blas (arranging cars, boats, tours, cabins and meals), we kindly ask our guests to adhere to the itinerary schedule sent to them in advance of their trip to San Blas. For any changes in schedule, you must first contact our office at least one day before by 5:00pm and we will attempt to accommodate your request.
- Travel Emergencies:
- The San Blas islands are located in a very remote region of Panama. We ask all guests to be responsible for their own well being and to be aware that medical assistance can often not be provided right away. The closest medical facility in San Blas is very basic and can only provide assistance for minor issues. Guests with injuries such as broken bones that require more specialized treatment need to be transported to Panama City.
- Guests are responsible for all charges arising from a medical emergency, such as boat and car transportation and medical care. We suggest all guests to carry a Travel Insurance to cover emergency expenses. For more information, please visit www.taotravel365.tours/travel-insurance/
We kindly ask our guests to lower their expectation when visiting San Blas and to focus on the beautiful remote paradise that San Blas has remained despite the effects that modern society has caused to them. The Kunas are very gentle and kind people, but can also be somewhat shy at times. When approaching them with a smile and an open heart you will be guaranteed an innocent, happy smile in return. Arriving with the right mindset and expectation usually guarantees an unforgettable experience, where guests are able to focus on the beauties of the islands, beaches, ocean and the people, rather than on the limitations that we mentioned above.
Please read our Accommodation Cancelation Policy before booking.
ACCOMMODATION CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us by phone at +1 (805) 826-3657 or by WhatsApp at +507-6172-8682 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. GENERAL ACCOMMODATION POLICIES
Due to the nature of our business, the limited supply of cabins in San Blas and the high reservation demand a 100% refund less credit card processing fees will only be granted if booked via our website www.taotravel365.tours AND if canceled more than 30 days before the check-in date. A partial refund of 50 percent less credit card processing fees will be granted if Tao Travel 365 receives notice at least 20 days in advance of your check-in date. For cancellations received less than 20 days before your check-in date, no refund will be granted. All sales are ﬁnal.
For all bookings made via outside portals such as, but not limited to Viator, Booking.com, Expedia, Airbnb, Hotels.com, please refer to the respective cancelation policy of the portal that you booked with.
If you are unable to realize the reservation, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different accommodation for you.
If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your scheduled reservation or pick up, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to visit San Blas and to have fun. That is our goal!
II. CANCELED OR POSTPONED RESERVATIONS
Occasionally, reservations are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that accommodation. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed accommodation, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your accommodation by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your accommodation or schedule you for another accommodation, as detailed below.
All sales are ﬁnal. No refunds are available unless an accommodation is canceled within the cancelation guidelines (see section I.), or canceled or postponed by Tao Travel 365 (see section II.). We will offer refunds of the full face value of the reservation(s) that are canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted reservation, then instead the discounted reservation price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees.
To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed accommodation, contact us at email@example.com within 3 days of the accommodation cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
IV. ACCOMMODATION EXCHANGES
No exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about exchanges. Fees may apply.