We are sorry, this tour is not available to book at the moment
San Blas Overnight Tour Package – Visit 4 islands in 2 days
We know that once you set foot onto a San Blas islands, you will want to stay longer than just one day. For those travelers who want to take advantage of their stay in San Blas paradise we have created customized San Blas overnight tour packages, where guests get to choose the islands they stay on, depending on their budget and preferences. Each San Blas island has its unique charm with different types of cabins. Included in the San Blas overnight tour package are all meals and a San Blas boat tour to 2 other islands and the Natural Pools.
When booking you can select from one of the following San Blas island cabins (see extra items section during booking process). Please check out details and photos for each island on below links:
San Blas Overnight Tour Packages
Minimum 1 Guest:
Package #1 (Included) - Isla Asseryadup - Shared Cabin, Shared Bathroom
Package #2 (additional $20) - Isla Yansailadup - Shared Bedroom, Shared Bathroom
Package #3 (additional $30) - Isla Perro - Private Traditional Hut, Shared Bathroom
Package #4 (additional $35) - Isla Yansailadup - Private Bedroom, Shared Bathroom
Package #5 (additional $40) - Isla Perro - Private Bedroom, Shared Bathroom
Minimum 2 Guests:
Package #6 (additional $50) - Isla Diablo - Private Oceanfront Cabin, Private Bathroom
Package #7 (additional $55) - Isla Yansailadup - Private Over-the-Ocean Cabin, Shared Bath
Package #8 (additional $60) - Isla Perro - Private Oceanfront Cabin, Private Bathroom
Package #9 (additional $60) - Isla Wailidup - Private Cabin Over-the-Ocean, Private Bathroom
INTERESTED IN CUSTOMIZING YOUR SAN BLAS OVERNIGHT TOUR PACKAGE WITH ANY OTHER ISLAND OR CABIN COMBINATION? CONTACT US AND WE WILL HELP YOU PLAN YOUR SAN BLAS VACATION FOR YOU.
1) San Blas boat tour in the Lemon Cays
Visit two other islands and the famous Natural Pools (tour may vary depending on package selected). For find more details here
2) Roundtrip boat transfer from the Port of Carti to the island
When arriving at the port at around 8:30am, you will be directed to our lancha boat that is waiting for you.
***Please note that we recommend you to select our car shuttle service from Panama City or Playa Bonita (optional at checkout) to ensure you arrive safely and on time.
3) Shared Cabin, Private Room or Private cabin, Shared or Private bathroom (depending on your san blas vacation package choice)
All island cabins in San Blas are very basic and do not offer much luxury. However, the lack of luxuries is made up by your beautiful, unique surroundings of the island. We offer a variety of cabins on different islands for every taste and budget. While private cabins require a minimum 2 guests, we also offer private rooms and shared cabins for solo travelers. All you have to do is choose what island you prefer to spend the night on and we will organize the rest.
4) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Breakfast consists of Ojaldre ("Puff pastry"), fresh fruit and coffee
Lunch and dinner consists of fresh fried fish, chicken or mixed seafood accompanied by rice, plantain and salad. Vegetarian option are available upon request.
5) All island taxes and fees
6) Snorkel & Mask during San Blas Boat tour
7) Extended departure day lunch
Checkout from your cabin is at 8:00am. The San Blas boat tour boat will pick you up from the island either 9:30am-10:00am or after lunch, depending on your island selection. Included in the San Blas day tour is a lunch and a beverage.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
1) Shared roundtrip Transfer from your lodging in Panama City to Port of Carti
We recommend you select our shared shuttle service, picking you up from your Panama City and Playa Bonita lodgings between 5:00am and 5:45am. The drive to San Blas takes around 2.5 hours, with the last hour over slow and windy roads. PLEASE PREARE ACCORDINGLY, IF YOU ARE PRONE TO MOTION SICKNESS.
If you plan to drive on your own, please note that only SUVs are allowed into the Guna territory. All other type of cars will be turned around!
2) Kuna Entrance Fee ($22 for Internationals, $7 for Panamanian residents)
When entering the territory everyone has to pay an entrance fee in cash. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR PASSPORT.
Drinks can be purchased on the island (i.e. water, soda, wine, beer and rum)
TOUR ITINERARY - San Blas Overnight Tour Packages
If choosing our roundtrip shuttle service, our driver will meet you up between 5:00am - 5:45am (shared transportation in a 4x4 SUV with up to 6 guests) arriving in Port of San Blas by 9:00am.
9:20am: After a short 20-30 minute boat ride you will arrive at your island, checking into your cabin and changing into bathing suits. Start enjoying the beaches and meet some of the native Gunas.
Spend the rest of the day on your island and acclimatize to the island life style.
Lunch is served by 12:30pm
Dinner is served after 6:00pm
Breakfast is served after 7:00am
Depending on your island selection you will be picked up by our tour boat either after breakfast or after lunch. The tour boat will take you on a San Blas island excursion in the Lemon Cays. Visit 1 or 2 other islands and snorkel over colorful reefs. Stand waist deep in the Natural Pools and find sea stars.
Lunch is served by 12:30pm
At 3:30pm the boat will return to the port of Carti, where your driver will be waiting for you (if choosing our car transportation service). You will return to Panama City by 7:00pm.
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable and adequate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and thus avoid the use of sunscreen. Creams (even biodegradable ones) are polluting and for that reason we do not promote their use
- Comfortable and safe footwear (sandals or water shoes)
- Sun glasses
- Cap or hat
- A reusable bottle to fill with water during the day
- Insect Repellent
SAN BLAS DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ!
While San Blas is a beautiful island archipelago with stunning beaches and clear waters, it also has its downsides, for which we would like to make you aware off.
In San Blas only the Kuna population is allowed to work in the territory. The services and infrastructure are not what most of us are used to. Kunas are not very service oriented and can often seem shy or reserved. A stay in San Blas can be compared to a camping vacation that offers minimal comfort, services and amenities. We strongly advise those who have 5 star expectations to think twice before embarking on this adventure. We do have alternative tours in Panama with more high-end services.
We really care about our reputation and we want our guests to enjoy their vacation with us. We attempt to be as transparent as possible in order to set guest expectations from the start. We do not own any of the islands and we pride ourselves in providing excellent service during your booking process and attempting to assist you during your San Blas vacation. However, please remember that we cannot guarantee the same excellent service during your stay in San Blas.
Please read all the below information well!
- San Blas is very rustic without the amenities and standards you might be used to from home. Compared to places such as Tahiti and Maldives that are managed by international hotel chains, San Blas has remained autonomous without the influence of outsiders. When visiting San Blas, it should be viewed as a cultural experience where guests live with the Kunas and respect their traditions and their primitive ways of living.
- No air condition - None of the islands offer A/C, some cabins don’t have fans either.
- No Wifi - You can buy a prepaid SIM card (Tigo or Digicel), which may or may not have signal.
- No luxury facilities - Bathrooms may be dirty, sinks may get clogged, sheets may be old
- Electricity is only available between 6:00pm and 6:00am. Cabins don’t have outlets. Electric devices can be charged in the restaurant.
- Water is a precious commodity in San Blas. It is either brought in by boat or pumped from the island well, which may have a significant salt content. Oftentimes pumps can malfunction and cause water outages.
- Beds and mattresses can be uncomfortable and sheets are old and worn.
- What seems like trash and clutter around the local huts, are items and tools that Kunas re-use for their daily lives. Please respect the fact that you will spend your time living alongside the Kunas who have different traditions and values. Please respect the fact that different cultures have different education, perspectives and ways of living and do not expect the cleanliness you may be used to from your home country.
- All services will all be handled by the indigenous Kuna. While Tao Travel 365 strives to provide the best service possible and train the Kuna in customer management, some of the below services are often out of our control.
- Car transportation - the ride to San Blas takes 2.5 to 3 hours, with 1.5 hours over slow, curvy roads with potholes. For those with motion sickness, please prepare accordingly. The transportation is in a shared 4x4 SUV, with one seat up front, three seats in the middle row and 2 seats in the back row. Seats are assigned randomly. Those who require additional space in the car must purchase an extra seat. Pick up from your lodging is scheduled between 5:00am and 5:30am, but can sometimes be as late as 5:45am depending on the timeliness of other guests that we pick up. Out of respect for all others in the car we ask everyone to wait in the lobby of their building at 5:00am. If you are not at the designated meeting point, the driver will make an effort to locate you, but he cannot delay the transportation by more than 10 minutes. No refunds are awarded to guests who don’t show up on time.
- Boat transportation - depending on weather and ocean conditions, the 20-40 minute boat ride might be bumpy and wet with ocean spray. Luggage is stored in the front of the boat and covered with tarps.
- Island cabin management - cabins are very rustic and facilities, such as showers and bathrooms are often “home-made” with PVC pipes. Some guests have complained that sheets are old. Please bring your own if you require fresh smelling sheets.
- Island kitchen - meal plans are repetitive and food might taste bland, without the use of spices. Additional food, drinks and snacks can be purchased on the way to San Blas. The driver will stop at a grocery store.
- Most Kunas DO NOT speak English. Please attempt to resolve any cabin related issues and requests directly with the island management.
- Trash is a worldwide problem and unfortunately San Blas has not been spared from the ever increasing issue. During certain tides and ocean and wind conditions plastic trash from throughout the Caribbean ocean accumulates on the beaches of San Blas. While the local Kuna are working hard to collect the constant flood of plastic trash washing up on their beaches, guests will nevertheless find evidence of plastic spread out on the island. Furthermore, Kunas tend to collect certain “trash” and re-use it for their purposes. For instance, a collection of empty gas canisters has been re-used to create a Christmas tree.
- During the wet months (April - December) or during windless days, all of San Blas experiences sandflies, which are little blood-sucking flies that leave itchy marks. Please ensure to bring insect repellent and prepare to return to Panama City with a few itchy memories. Some islands, such as Isla Wailidup tend to have more than others.
- Panama is located in the Intertropical Convergence Zone, which means that the weather is very unpredictable and is impossible to forecast with accuracy. The weather forecast will usually show rain and thunderstorms for most days of the year, when in reality there are oftentimes beautiful, sunny days in San Blas. Please do not rely on the weather forecast in Panama.
- Due to the tropical conditions in San Blas rain can occur at any time and we do not offer refunds for rainy days.
- Guests who stay in cabins and would like to return earlier than their scheduled departure date must notify our reservation team one day before by 5:00pm via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org in order for us to arrange your return transfer. No refunds apply for early departures.
- Due to the complexity of the logistics involved with each reservation in San Blas (arranging cars, boats, tours, cabins and meals), we kindly ask our guests to adhere to the itinerary schedule sent to them in advance of their trip to San Blas. For any changes in schedule, you must first contact our office at least one day before by 5:00pm and we will attempt to accommodate your request.
- Travel Emergencies:
- The San Blas islands are located in a very remote region of Panama. We ask all guests to be responsible for their own well being and to be aware that medical assistance can often not be provided right away. The closest medical facility in San Blas is very basic and can only provide assistance for minor issues. Guests with injuries such as broken bones that require more specialized treatment need to be transported to Panama City.
- Guests are responsible for all charges arising from a medical emergency, such as boat and car transportation and medical care. We suggest all guests to carry a Travel Insurance to cover emergency expenses. For more information, please visit www.taotravel365.tours/travel-insurance/
We kindly ask our guests to lower their expectation when visiting San Blas and to focus on the beautiful remote paradise that San Blas has remained despite the effects that modern society has caused to them. The Kunas are very gentle and kind people, but can also be somewhat shy at times. When approaching them with a smile and an open heart you will be guaranteed an innocent, happy smile in return. Arriving with the right mindset and expectation usually guarantees an unforgettable experience, where guests are able to focus on the beauties of the islands, beaches, ocean and the people, rather than on the limitations that we mentioned above.
Please read our Accommodation Cancelation Policy before booking.
ACCOMMODATION CANCELATION POLICY
Tao Travel 365 strives to deliver the best possible customer experience. If at any point you have a question or concern about our service, please call us by phone at +1 (805) 826-3657 or email us at email@example.com.
I. GENERAL ACCOMMODATION POLICIES
Due to the nature of our business, the limited supply of cabins in San Blas and the high reservation demand a 100% refund less credit card processing fees will only be granted if booked via our website www.taotravel365.tours AND if canceled more than 30 days before the check-in date. A partial refund of 50 percent less credit card processing fees will be granted if Tao Travel 365 receives notice at least 20 days in advance of your check-in date. For cancellations received less than 20 days before your check-in date, no refund will be granted. All sales are ﬁnal.
For all bookings made via outside portals such as, but not limited to Viator, Booking.com, Expedia, Airbnb, Hotels.com, please refer to the respective cancelation policy of the portal that you booked with.
If you are unable to realize the reservation, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to arrange and reschedule the same or different accommodation for you.
If you are not at the designated meeting point by the time of your scheduled reservation or pick up, Tao Travel 365 reserves the right not to provide a refund. However, we will always try our best to locate you at the meeting point and call your WhatsApp number, if one was provided. After all, we want you to visit San Blas and to have fun. That is our goal!
II. CANCELED OR POSTPONED RESERVATIONS
Occasionally, reservations are canceled or postponed due to weather or ocean conditions, mechanical failure, or other unforeseen events. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you about the cancellations and to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that accommodation. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed accommodation, please contact us. In the case of a cancellation of your accommodation by Tao Travel 365, we will refund your accommodation or schedule you for another accommodation, as detailed below.
All sales are ﬁnal. No refunds are available unless an accommodation is canceled within the cancelation guidelines (see section I.), or canceled or postponed by Tao Travel 365 (see section II.). We will offer refunds of the full face value of the reservation(s) that are canceled or postponed (or, if a discounted reservation, then instead the discounted reservation price paid). No refunds are offered on any service, payment processing or convenience fees.
To receive a refund for a canceled or postponed accommodation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of the accommodation cancellation and write "refund" in the subject line. Instructions will be provided in order to obtain your refund.
IV. ACCOMMODATION EXCHANGES
No exchanges are offered by Tao Travel 365. While in some extreme cases we may offer this service (such as a cancellation by Tao Travel 365), it is not guaranteed and often impossible. Contact us directly by email at email@example.com to inquire about exchanges. Fees may apply.